General Instructions for the Submissions:
Original research articles include:
- Trial reports
- Studies of diagnostic tests or surveys that are up to 2500 words in length (excluding references and abstract).
- A structured abstract needs to be included, which comprises of 5 headings: Background, Aims, Methods, Results, Conclusion. The abstract should not be more than 250 words. Key words are added at the end of the abstract (3-5 words).
- The text (original article) should comprise of: introduction, methods, results, discussion, acknowledgement, and references.
- If submitting a ‘Double blind controlled trials’, it must conform to the revised CONSORT statement. It can be availed from editorial office or at the website http://www.consort-statement.org.
- Clinical trial registration needs to be mentioned. Permission from ethics committee/ Institutional Review Board (IRB), statement of sources of support and conflict of interest is mandatory. The IRB approval obtained needs to be indicated in the “methods” section of all manuscripts.
- Short reports of preliminary studies may be submitted for the category of Brief reports.
The below are the types of submissions that can be done at the IJRID website, including all research papers mentioned:
- The case reports can be submitted as a research report. For example, reports of an unusual manifestation of a disease or a new disease can be submitted in not less than 1000 words and up to 10 references, with relevant photographs.
- The report should accompany with an unstructured abstract of not more than 200 words and 3-5 key words.
- All case report should comprise: An introduction, case study report(s), discussion and references.
Letters to the Editor:
- The ‘Letters to the Editor’ should normally be not more than 750 words in length, with up to 5 references and a maximum of three photographs.
- The letters to editor do not need any sub-headings.
- Short reviews (up to 1500 words) on innovative and new/old instruments or equipment or drugs or procedure of current interest are welcomed.
- The Editor holds sole discretion as to the appropriateness of the topic under consideration.
- Abstracts are not required for this format.
- Announcements of conferences, meetings, courses, awards, and other items that are likely to be of interest to the dental and scientific community can be submitted.
- Such announcements should be accompanied by the name and address of the person from whom additional information can be obtained (up to 100 words).